Staff Leave allows you to set up and define who has the ability to approve or decline someone else's leave. If you choose not to assign an approver to a user, only administrators and managers can approve leave for other users. Once someone becomes an approver for a user, they'll receive instant notifications and email notifications informing them of any leave or cancellation requests.
Administrators will stop receiving notifications once a user has an approver assigned, but will still be able to approve or reject holidays for all users. Managers can only approve or reject holidays for users in their department, and again if an approver is assigned, they'll no longer receive notifications.
You only need to assign an approver to a user if the proposed approver is either a manager in a different department, or they don't have manager or administrator status.
Adding an Approver to a User
Once a user has registered or has been invited, you can locate them via the People section and set their approvers as follows:-
- Navigate to the People Tab
- Tap on the user you wish to edit. You can search for their name if you cannot immediately find them
- Tap on the top right edit icon
- Select (Holiday Settings)
- Select the grey (Holiday Approvers) box
- You'll be presented with a list of people, similar to the People section
- Select users you wish to become approvers for the user you're editing. You should see a green check/tick against each user you wish to become an approver
- Once you're finished, tap on (Back) and the click (Save) to make your changes
Step One: Locate a user in the People section.
Step Three: Open the profile settings menu and tap on (Edit Profile).
Step Five: Select the grey (Holiday Approvers) box
Step Seven: Select the users you wish to become approvers for the user you're editing.
Step Eight: Once you're done, tap on (Back), and then on (Save). Your changes will have been made, and you'll see a list of approvers saved against this profile.
Removing an Approver from a User
If you need to remove approvers in future, simply tap the (X) icon for a user and the tap on (Save) to make your changes. Additionally, if you need to add more approvers in future, simply repeat the steps above in this article.